New Orleans – Baby Moon

Since Andy and I are not quite sure when a little one will be joining our family we decided to take one last trip just the two of us. It wasn’t anything big like we have done in the past since both of our jobs are a little crazy right now and we couldn’t afford to take a lot of time off. Never the less, three days in New Orleans ended up being a great trip.

We arrived on Saturday mid day about and unlike in years past we did not get to research all of the activities that we wanted to do and where to go for different things too much. So, on Saturday we took the afternoon to just wander around the French Quarter looking for possible restaurants and places to visit or shop. The weather wasn’t the greatest but it was at least dry. After wandering around we did an early dinner that was delicious! Andy wanted to find out what the sauce was on his red fish and somehow get a bottle of it to take home, this never ended up happening. After 5 miles of walking, 6 hours of driving, and a huge dinner I was exhausted and it was only 7pm. I fell asleep sometime over the next hour while Andy was busy watching football.


Sunday started early as we wanted to get out before all the drunken crowds started coming out into the city. It ended up being a great idea since there were so few people walking around. Most of the day went by fast with Andy getting some great pictures of some of the things in the French Quarter, some delicious beignets at Café Du Monde (a must), wandering the market and picking up a couple ideas or things for Christmas presents, and eating more delicious food. Ironically we went to a little bar to watch some football and eat some lunch and managed to find a bar that was full of people from Illinois (including at least a few Illini that I could see). We seemed to walk all over on Sunday and by the end of the day realized we had walked 10 miles over the course of the day. Exhausting to say the least!



Our final day was not the greatest for weather and so several of our plans for the day ended up getting scrapped in lieu of being outside in the rain all afternoon. We did go to the World War II Museum though and Andy loved it. It had some great exhibits and a lot of videos or interactive displays which is great instead of just having a lot of information to read about. In the end not running around all day seeing everything that was planned was a great way to spend the last day of our vacation alone since we were heading to be with family the next morning for the holiday.

11215289646_33a9b51ba9_oThe weekend might not have included a lot of partying or drinking but it did involve a lot of sleeping and since we won’t be getting much of either when the bundle of joy graces us with their presence I for one was much happier getting the sleep!


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s